Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MORALITY AND THE LAW CLXVIII

By Stephen Ellis

A FOND FAREWELL

Nobody asked me, and that’s the problem…

I’ve been writing this blog for 168 consecutive weeks. When it was published by American On Line (AOL) I had approximately 3,000 readers per week. But, a few months ago, AOL discontinued publishing blogs and I had to open a new site: moralityandthelawakanobodyaskedme.blogspot.com

The trouble is that I no longer have any readers…and it doesn’t make any sense to write a blog every week that nobody reads. So, this will be my final blog called “Morality and the Law”

For those few of you who like the way I write, I am writing another blog called Explaining Life’s Mysteries at “explaininglifesmysteries.blogspot.com” on my favorite topic, “the paranormal”.

If you really want to know what happens when you die…what UFOs are…what the mystery of “ghosts” or “communicating with the dead” is really about, I suggest you look up my blog and read it. I’ve had a number of paranormal experiences in my life and met a lot of other people who have, too. Every one of us has a one or more déjà vu experiences such as knowing, when the telephone rings, that it’s someone you haven’t seen or heard from in years…or…you have a specific dream or premonition about something happening…and it happens…or you are visited by a dead love interest or a dead family member...or you go someplace for the first time and yet you know you’ve been there before…and lots of other things that add to life’s mysteries.

What I try to do in my blog is explain these things in a very practical and logical way. I’m not a UFO freak or a ghost hunter. I simply look at things that do exist and try and give them rational explanations. In the case of religious “mysteries”, I try to document my explanations with historical records, wherever and whenever they exist.

It should be a very interesting blog to anyone who does not accept the fact that life is merely as we see it and that our scientists have explained everything there is to explain.

Insofar as “Morality and the Law” is concerned, I’ve covered a very tumultuous period of American History. The eight years of incompetence of the Bush Administration, the nomination and election of the first Black President of the United States; the near-demise of corporate giants such as Lehman Brothers, AIG, General Motors, etc.

The task facing Obama when he takes office next month are totally Herculean. I believe he will be a good president…maybe even a great one. Certainly he has amassed the most intelligent Cabinet in the years that I have been alive. How he handles the economy the jobless rate, etc. will be a matter for history to judge. But please…save your criticism of him until he has had a chance to do something. Those attacking him now, before he even takes office, are not good Americans.

Obama is going to need the help of American citizens who are fed-up with the graft and corruption that has become synonymous with American politics and corporate greed.

To anyone and everyone who reads this, I wish you a Very Happy Holiday Season. Have faith. America is strong and will survive the Bush years.

As I said…nobody asked me.

No comments: